We gotta make money
Which at first usually comes in some form of job
But what if we could be one of those people who start a side business that eventually turns into an income generating machine?
It’s a reality that’s attainable if we keep trying.
And the concept of a side hustle was born – putting in extra hours on something that allows us to make more money to give us the freedom to pursue our passions, buy the things we need or want, and most importantly – put an end to financial worries
Most jobs don’t pay the bills, especially when starting out, let alone no fulfilment and meaning.
And that’s why starting your own business can be so rewarding. It’s a pathway – to achieve that meaningful, financially free life – not without any hard work, doubts, and perseverance though.
These businesses can take different forms too – no ones going to tell yes what’s right or wrong,
Because we’re adults and this is a free country, where we can do what we want.
A starting point: what’s the one thing we can focus on to produce results?
Google’s one thing is their search engine, which leads to them promoting people’s ads, which is how they make money.
Or maybe it’s creating valuable content and marketing a product.
Anyway, I read this article on medium, “My exact $2,000 a month online side-hustle daily routine” and it was filled with a template of his day, so we can use it to help shape our days.
Here’s a summary:
- This is for someone who works a full time job the second half of the day and has free time in the morning. Tweak it to fit what you need.
6:00 am to 9:00 am
- Morning routine
- Shower and get ready for the day.
- Review critical tasks (which have been prepared the night before) IMPORTANT: These are tasks that keep sending us further into the future, Andy Frisella would call this section part of his power list. We like to keep three financial critical tasks on our power list (out of 5 total – the other two spots are for personal tasks) Here are some examples: Write and post an article, complete landing page, email that company to collaborate with.
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Get ready to write. Quora is a useful platform because it is a QUestion OR Answer based platform – seeing about 300 million unique visitors monthly – which equals advantageous information for us. This could serve as a writing prompt because these are real time topics being discussed within our niche.
- Take a few minutes and go search through niches. Here’s some criteria to help filter your question search, if the question can pass the test, write a post.
- 1,000,000 views and answers combined
- 100,000 followers
- 100 + answers generated
- With the test passed, use an online content article template.
- Goal: create one article a day, 5 times a week. Then step it up to two articles a day. Most articles aren’t going to gain traction. Focus on doing over the results.
- Recycle the article onto a platform like medium and throughout social media too. The blog post is a piece of pillar content that can be used to tweet something, post a picture on instagram, or share it on facebook. (if you use medium, especially when starting out, it’s highly recommended to pitch and publish with publications)
- Communicate with the audience via email list. Maybe you could share new developments, articles, obstacles, products, or surveys asking what they’re looking for. TEST AND TRACK
1:00 pm – 3:30pm
- Tie up any loose ends and plan for tomorrow before heading to work. Finish in a place where you can stop, not just in the middle of something. Everything needs to be mapped out for the day.
- Grab a quick bite and head out.
3:30pm – 12:00 am
12:00 am – 1:00 am
- Any ideas that came up and I want to write down
Sleep is important, big engines need big rest.
Plan some days off, holidays and a few nights a month, this will ensure we can focus on the work we need to do, while still recharging and renewing. It’s a marathon not a sprint.
Believe in yourself, you can turn a side business into a full time job no matter how silly it may seem.
Start small, think big, scale fast.
We need to take control of our financial destiny. Gone are the days of working away with a company until they take you to retirement.
We need different flows of income, one isn’t enough.
A daily routine is the key to get where we want to be. Small changes, big results.
The time will never be just right. Start now, work with whatever we got, and we’ll get better with experience and time.
There’s no failures, only feedback.
The stone sculpture may have to hit the same spot 1,000 times, but on 1,001 the stone breaks.
The work we do may not be noticeable, but it is there.
Like that snowflake that landed on the mountain and eventually turned into a boulder from rolling down the mountain, gathering more snow along the way.
Figure out our routine and get started.
Cause a ruckus.
This is what I keep telling myself.